Haute Doll magazine bows out

One of the brightest stars in the fashion doll world will soon be no more

It is with great sadness that I have learnt that Haute Doll magazine, a perennial favourite amongst fashion doll lovers, will soon be no more. It seems that the the publishers has become yet another victim to the ongoing economic downturn and have decided to ‘retire’ from publishing as from the July/September issue.

Although the magazine will no longer be published as is we do know that it will become a ‘supplement’ in Doll Reader, published by Madavor Media. The first of these is due to be published in October. It is not yet known if there will continue to be the exclusive dolls that we have come to know and look out for. Particularly the Sybarite lovers amongst us who have long benefited from the special relationship the Superfrock boys had with HD.

10 Responses to “Haute Doll magazine bows out”

1. Lilly
    July 29, 2010 at 12:09 pm #

how sad, I cannot believe it!
    I bought regularly HD in kiosk while in Canada. In Spain, since 3 years, I was truly looking forward to received it each 2 months at my house.
    beautifully done and well informed it’s a reel friend I am going to loose.

• Doll Observer
      July 30, 2010 at 9:12 am #

Yes it is very sad Lilly. HD was definitely the best of the doll magazines that I know of. A huge loss to the fashion doll world and for us collectors!

2. Marie-Georgie Jacob
    July 31, 2010 at 11:38 am #

I a new fashion designer for fashion dolls and it just hit me when I’ve headr the sad news! I have to say, but it’s going to be a bit hard, not only for us the fashion doll designers but also for young business doll companies and artist! But I am someone who’s positive in life and new publications will come in the market!

Love

Marie-Georgie

3. Marie-Georgie Jacob
    July 31, 2010 at 11:45 am #

When I’ve the the sadly news, it just hit me like a wall! I am a new fashion doll designer on the market and let’s be honest is going to be very hard , not only for us fashion doll designers but also to all new doll collectors, doll companies and doll artisants. But I am positive. I am sure there will be a new fashion magazine outhere and as edgy!

Love Marie-Georgie

• Doll Observer
      July 31, 2010 at 2:12 pm #

Yes it is a great disaster but I do hope it doesn’t affect those such as yourself.

4. Dorothy gray
    August 1, 2010 at 8:31 am #

Hello,what is the last issue? Of haute doll magazine and is it out on stands?

• Doll Observer
      August 1, 2010 at 10:07 am #

Hi Dorothy,
      The July?August edition will be the last one which should be out now. In the preface the editor thanks all those who have contributed to the magazine and also that all subscriptions have been taken over by Doll Reader magazine and will be fulfilled. I am glad I didn’t take out a years subscription which I was about to do though, as I would want HD not doll reader!

5. Bindi
    January 19, 2011 at 12:05 am #

I have been so disappointed that this awesome publication is no longer available.
    I used to make a special trip to the local Boarders Books every other month to pick up a copy of the current issue. So sad. It was such a beautiful publication. It will be sorely, and sadly missed. :(

• dollobserver
      January 31, 2011 at 8:28 pm #

Yes it is such a shame and will be very much missed.

6. DalBones
    June 17, 2011 at 5:04 am #

This is the most depressing thing I have heard in a while…What is this world coming to?!?